I ‘pinned’ this recipe from Closet Cooking a long time ago, and with St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I had the perfect opportunity to give it a try. One of my favorite treats is having a bowl of vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate syrup. Simply delicious! I made up a double batch and gifted my friends their very own bottle of Guinness Chocolate Syrup with a pint of vanilla ice cream for a St. Patty’s Day treat.
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/guinnesschocolatesyrup5.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Guinness Chocolate Syrup | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size pot. Place pot onto the stove and whisk until smooth. Continue whisking and bring the syrup just to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool before bottling. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 2 cups.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/MM-08/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/guinnesschocolatesyrup6.jpg” width=”680″ height=”947″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Guinness Chocolate Syrup | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Fancy Square Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in light green.
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in light green.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE ST. PATRICK’S DAY COLLECTION >