I’ve wanted to try my hand at making chocolate truffles for a while now. I remember a friend making them for a craft night and they were so good! I finally spent an afternoon making these Halloween inspired chocolate truffles, and they turned out perfect – rich, creamy, and bittersweet. I love the look of the colored sprinkles and think these would make a great Halloween gift to any chocolate lover!
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Halloween sprinkles or sugars
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat whipping cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Pour hot whipping cream over chocolate mixture in bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Stir mixture with whisk until smooth. Pour into an 8 or 9 inch baking pan. Refrigerate at least one hour, until firm enough to shape.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle powdered sugar over clean hands; shape level tablespoons of chocolate mixture into balls. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place sprinkles or sugars into bowls; set aside. Roll each truffle in desired coating. Place truffles in container with tight-fitting lid; refrigerate about 1 hour until firm. Store refrigerated.
- *Substitute 10 to 12-ounce bag of bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate.
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Homemade Popcorn Balls Candy Corn Bark DIY Packaged Candy Favors Jack-O-Lantern Party Invites
Shop Our Halloween Collection: