This pretty bag makes such a nice gift that you will want to make a bunch of them for gifts. Everyone can use market bags for grocery shopping to save on all those wasted plastic bags. Cotton canvas is durable and washable, so make sure that you save a few for your own market trips!
I like to create all kinds of handmade gifts like these market tote bags, so it’s handy to have a stash of personalized gift tags to use for wrapping them up for my friends and family.
- The options are endless when you are planning the design for these market bags. You can design an elaborate scene or spell out a word, the choice is up to you. I like to choose an image for inspiration and use that as my guide.
- For this bag, I used the Sea to Sky label design and transposed it to the canvas bag using a fabric pen.
- Next, use fabric paints to color in parts of the design.
- And use the fabric pens again for more detailed decoration.
- Lay the bag out to dry, then set the fabric paints with an iron. Use the hottest setting and iron each part of the design for 10 minutes. This will ensure that you can wash the canvas bag afterwards and your creation will stay beautiful!
Used In This Project:
- Large Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Sea + Sky” style in sea glass.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >