Healing Cuticle Balm
Whether you wash your hands all winter to stave off the flu or all spring because you have been getting mucky in the garden, your cuticles take a beating. You may not think of them much in general, but when they dry out and start to crack you will certainly take notice. Dry cuticles can tear and boy, does it hurt!
To make an all-natural healing cuticle balm you need healing ingredients and a wee bit of time. It’s a very simple recipe.
Apply cuticle balm to your nail beds and rub in 3-4 times a day or after hand washing. Soon those sore fingers will be a thing of the past!
Healing Cuticle Balm
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
• 1 tbsp hemp oil
• 1 tbsp mango butter
• 1½ tbsp grated beeswax
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 5 drops peppermint essential oil
• 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 5 drops fennel essential oil
• 5 drops clary sage essential oil
• Double boiler
• Small spatula or metal spoon
• 5 small metal tins or pots
1. Melt the mango butter, oils and beeswax in the double boiler.
2. Remove from heat, add essential oils, and blend well.
3. Pour into pots and leave untouched to set.
4. Add a custom rectangle label (I used scissors to trim the rounded corners for the label).
Used In This Project:
- Small Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Morocco” style in Sunflower.
More homemade gift ideas from Stephanie:
Lavender Linen Water Lavender Oatmeal Tub Tea Homemade Bath Fizzies Mini Terrariums
Shop Our Bath & Body Collection:
Where did you find the lovely aluminum pots?!
Hi Robin, I bought them locally (Vancouver, BC) at a soap and candle making supply shop. http://www.wicksandwax.com/.
[…] having dried and cracked ones. Stephanie posted on evermine.com and interesting and simple all natural cuticle balm. Based on lots of oils (coconut oil, sweet almond oil, etc) and essential oils (peppermint, fennel, […]
Robin, I found a link to the slide lid tins online! http://amzn.to/1f5cH5c
If I don’t have fennel oil, can I use something else or just leave it out?
Is it possible to substitute the hemp oil and mango butter for something else? These are the only 2 things I don’t have on hand and I love this cute idea!
[…] Get the recipe → […]