I’ve been adding a superfood mix of chia seeds, hemp hearts, buckwheat groats, and unhulled sesame seeds to my cereals at breakfast, and have had such a rewarding feeling of fullness and extra energy. It’s no wonder when you read about all the great stuff packed into these tiny seeds.
- Chia seeds are full of protein, fiber, and omegas that the body can readily use. Just one tablespoon of chia seeds contains 60 calories, 3 grams of protein, 3.5 grams omegas, 5 grams fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.
- Hemp hearts are an easy to digest source of complete protein packed with omegas, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- The effect of buckwheat groats are due its rich supply of phytonutrients that protect against disease and lower cholesterol. Plus they are another great source of fiber and magnesium.
- Unhulled sesame seeds are packed with quality minerals like copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, molybdenum, and selenium.
This mix tastes so good that I started adding it to all sorts of dishes, from soups to salads, smoothies and yogurt. It goes so well on so many dishes that I made a handy little shaker to ensure it is always on hand.
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Rustic Retro” style in coral.
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Rustic Retro” style in coral.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >