For some people, there’s not much that is more relaxing and rejuvenating than a hot bath, and there’s something rad about giving someone permission to take that special time for themselves. That’s why I love the idea of giving herbal bath salts as gifts. Not only does this gift offer your loved one an excuse to take it easy for a while, but a few select herbs can make the experience extra special.
The herbs included here have been used by generations of herbalists to tonify and support the skin, ease nerve pain, regulate blood vessels and calm and nourish the spirit. Combine these with the muscle-relaxing abilities of Epsom salts and you’ve got a bath full of awesome.
- 2-3 cups Epsom salt
- 1 cup dried calendula flowers
- 1 cup dried yarrow
- 1 cup dried st. john’s wort
- 1 cup dried rose petals or rose buds
- Combine all of the ingredients in a completely dry bowl, and stir with a completely dry spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Funnel this mix into a tall organza bag. Place the organza bag in a large frosted tin-tie bag and include the following instructions with your gift:
- The herbs and salts in this mix are known to invigorate the skin and blood vessels, yet relax muscles and nerves. Tie this satchel securely to your faucet, allowing the salts to dissolve and the herbs to steep as you draw your bath. Relax and enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Tall Organza Bags • I chose the white color.
- Large Frosted Tin-Tie Bags
- Large Labels • I chose the “Casual Celebration” style in mint.
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Casual Celebration” style in mint.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >