Coffee has been used for centuries as a natural cellulite fighting and skin firming ingredient. The caffeine enhances fat metabolism, and when it’s applied topically, it can absorb and remove liquid fat from your skin, which decreases the appearance of cellulite.
Coconut oil is a fantastic natural moisturizing lotion. It is anti-aging, acne fighting and will not clog your pores. Together, the coconut oil, coffee grinds and sugar make an amazing all-natural firming and skin softening scrub. I made my coffee sugar scrub with my own roasted coffee bean grounds, natural cane sugar and solid, organic virgin coconut oil. I have made a few different variations, but this recipe is my go-to favorite.
- ¾ cup solid organic virgin coconut oil (from Trader Joe's)
- 2 cups sugar (I used natural cane sugar, but white or brown works great too)
- 1 cup dry coffee grounds (I used 4 espresso pucks)
- Use the whisk attachment on your mixer to blend sugar and coffee grounds together - about 2 minutes until it’s fluffy. Then add ¾ cup solid coconut oil and whip mixture together for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep in a cool place until ready for use.
- To package my coffee coconut sugar scrub for gifting, I spooned the scrub into small mason jars. Then I covered the jar lid with a personalized label
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Luxe” style in chocolate, with the Blackjack font.