(Used in this project: Circle Labels and Scallop Tags in Party style.)
Homemade guacamole is one of my all-time favorite snack foods. It’s super simple to make at home, and it’s delicious served plain with tortilla chips or over Mexican food. This year, I’ll be making a double batch, and jarring it up for my Cinco de Mayo party. I want my guests to have some to take home for the end of the night.
• 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
• ½ medium onion, diced
• ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 medium-sized tomato, seeded and diced
• 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• Pinch of Salt, to taste
Optional: Add a pinch of ground cumin, cayenne or a clove of minced garlic.
Combine all of the ingredients together. Mash the avocadoes with the back of a fork until there are no remaining solid bits, and mix well with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon guacamole into sanitized half-pint, wide-mouth jars, and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days until ready to serve.
Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Cinco De Mayo Circle Labels • I chose the “Party” style in Sunburst.
- Cinco De Mayo Scallop Tags • I chose the “Party” style in Sunburst.
More recipes for Cinco de Mayo:
Spicy Corn Relish Candied Jalapenos Homemade Horchata Habanero Hot Sauce
Shop Our Cinco de Mayo Collection: