Have you heard of Thieves Oil? I hadn’t heard of it until this year. Friends rave about its super powers for fighting off those bad bugs that give us the sniffles. Then, with this cold and flu season, my usual hand washing routine was no longer protecting me and I thought it was time to try something stronger.
The legend behind this special blend of oils is that it protected thieves as they robbed graves during the bubonic plague. Perhaps the story is simply a tall tale; nonetheless, each of the oils in the ingredients list has properties that make it a good choice for immune help in these trying winter months.
And do I ever need some immune help this year! I have been catching every cold in the air, and even a flu for good measure. Sure, I keep clean and wash my hands often, but when you are on the go, there isn’t always a sink and soap handy.
I made this all-natural hand sanitizer with Thieves Oil so that I would have a germ killer in my purse when I just couldn’t get to a sink. It smells wonderful, full of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils. It rubs in nicely so my hands aren’t greasy or sticky, and as a plus, it makes my hands even feel moisturized!
- ⅓ cup pure witch hazel
- ⅔ cup 100% pure aloe vera gel
- 15 drops Thieves essential oil blend or (5 drops of Clove Essential Oil, 4 drops of Lemon Essential Oil, 3 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil, 2 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil, 1 drop of Rosemary Essential Oil)
- 1 capsule of Vitamin E oil – a natural preservative
- Mix witch hazel and aloe vera gel together well in a bowl. Add essential oils and mix well, then open the vitamin E capsule and empty that into the gel.
- Mix it all together well then pour it into a pump or other container (I found these gootoobs that are perfect!).
- Shake well before each use. Squeeze a dime-sized amount on the palm of your hand and massage in. It will feel sticky at first but it will absorb cleanly in no time. Your hands will feel dry, clean, and smell terrific. This all-natural hand sanitizer should last several months with the addition of Vitamin E to help preserve.
Used In This Project:
- Square Labels • I chose the “Butterfly” style in green tea.
- Small Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Butterfly” style in green tea.
SHOP OUR BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >