There are two reasons March is my absolute favorite month. One, my birthday is March 12. Two, St. Patrick’s Day is March 17 and that means I have an excuse to indulge in delicious drinks like Guinness and more importantly, Irish Cream. Irish Cream is one of my favorite liquors ever. It’s great in coffee, great in white russians, great on ice and until now March was the only time I drank it. But this birthday I made a little present for myself, homemade Irish Cream! And it’s better than any store bought brand I’ve ever had! In fact, it was so good, I couldn’t keep it to myself. I packaged it up into some small glass bottles and ordered some My Own Labels waterproof beer labels. They turned out to be the perfect gift, tasted delicious and looked great!
• 2 cups Irish Whiskey (Any Irish Whiskey will do, I used Jameson’s)
• 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
• 2 1/2 tablespoons Chocolate syrup ( Hershey’s, Torani, etc…)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon of almond extract
Step 1: Combine all ingredients into blender and mix on high for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Bottle.
It’s just that simple! It’ll last for about two weeks refrigerated. Just shake it up and serve in your favorite cocktail. I even included a recipe on the back label for a unique St. Paddy’s Day treat!
Irish Flag Cocktail
• 1/2 oz Creme de Menthe
• 1/2 oz Homemade Irish Cream
• 1/2oz Grand Marnier
Layer liquors in cordial glass or shot glass in order above.
- Bottle Labels • I chose the style “San Remy” in deep green.