Breakfast of champions! Ok, so I’ll admit it’s rare I feel like a champion upon waking up to the bowls of cereal, milk, spills, last minute homework, mismatched clothing for the four-year-old, missing shoes and the love of my life. School lunches for eight!
My eyes are barely open, holding on tight to those last precious seconds of sleep and peace. My pillow is beckoning my tired body to crawl back into bed, and yet the the rays of sunlight are inspiring me to wake up and smell the coffee.
For me, this recipe for granola is my coffee and my breakfast of champions. This is my favorite granola recipe, and I love to make and share with friends. It’s the perfect wholesome gift, and can be enjoyed with milk or tossed over yogurt, fruit and berries. It’s the springboard for adding your favorite nuts, raisins, dried fruits and seeds, making the options endless for a healthy breakfast and snack.
I especially enjoy packaging it with a personal label and the window bags that give a peek at what’s inside. The recipe is easy and a winner. Especially as the breakfast of a champion, albeit a tired one.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup good honey
- 1 1/2 cups small-diced dried apricots*
- 1 cup small-diced dried figs
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3674.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Nutritional Granola | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil and honey in a small bowl. Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats and nuts are coated. Pour onto a 13 x 18 x 1-inch sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mixture turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3679.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Nutritional Granola | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, figs, cherries, cranberries, and cashews. Store the cooled granola in an airtight container.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3689.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Nutritional Granola | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Chalkboard Holiday” style in charcoal.
- Small Tin-Tie Bags • I chose the small kraft color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >