Nothing says autumn like pumpkin spice. Instead of treating myself to a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks this year, I decided to make my own! Now I can have pumpkin spice lattes all season. I gave up coffee about a year ago, so I like to make my own Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte instead. It’s so delicious and the perfect treat for autumn evenings.
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_5381.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup”][/url]
- In a medium saucepan, add water and both sugars. Simmer on medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and whisk in cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree. Simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a mesh.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before stirring in the vanilla extract. Store in an airtight container. The syrup will last for 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Add 2 tablespoons of syrup to your coffee or latte and enjoy!
I packaged my pumpkin spice syrup in glass bottles and added labels and tags in Vintage Chalkboard style.
Used In This Project:
More Fall-Inspired Gift Ideas:
Winter Squash Soup in a Jar Cranberry Harvest Muffins Apple Kringle Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: