I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get the munchies a few hours after dinner and I need a snack. I could eat an apple or some carrots with hummus (all things I love), or I could eat some chips and salsa.
Chips and salsa makes such a great snack! I mean, I know tortilla chips probably aren’t the healthiest, but salsa is relatively healthy, and I never feel guilty about indulging that craving.
This Homemade Skinny Salsa is probably one of the best salsas I’ve ever eaten. It tastes so fresh and bright, and is super healthy – like only 34 calories per half cup! Yeah, I know. It’s practically calorie-free. This skinny salsa is also one of the easiest things I’ve ever made. If you’ve got a blender or a decent sized food processor, you can make this. I think I had my salsa made in 5 minutes. We’ve all got an extra 5 minutes to make something this delicious.
Don’t believe me? Go ahead and make it! You will never buy store-bought salsa again.
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chilis
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 (8 oz) half-pint mason jars
- Combine all ingredients into a large food processor or blender and pulse until just combined for a chunkier salsa or blend for a smoother salsa.
- Store in jars in the fridge.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/KN-65/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Skinny-Salsa-3.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Skinny Salsa Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Katniss” style in sea glass.
SHOP OUR FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >