There is something about the combination of pecans, cinnamon, cranberries, and oranges that fills me with warmth. With a flavor combination so rich, you would think it was dessert, but I like these spiced pecans on salads… if they are lucky enough to make it that far!
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Toast pecans in a cast iron pan over medium-low heat a few minutes. Add butter and stir to coat the nuts.
- Mix the salt, cumin, cinnamon, and orange peel together in a small bowl and stir into the nuts.
- Add brown sugar, orange zest, and orange juice to the pan and stir, turning the heat down to low. Let the mixture bubble and cook until the brown sugar is no longer grainy.
- Pour the candied nuts onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet to cool. Once they are completely cool, add dried cranberries and mix well. Separate into 3-4 small window bags to give as gifts.
- Spiced pecans can be added to charcuterie and fruit plates, or serve tossed in a salad.
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Five & Dime” style in blue and orange.
- Small Circle Labels • I chose the “Five & Dime” style in blue and orange.
- Paper Tin-Tie Bags
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >