This time of year really begs for a sun salutation of some sort, doesn’t it? A few local taquerias here in Portland have figured out how to do it right in liquid form—the ever elegant and bright margarita, of course. Probably the best part of these stellar Margaritas is the spicy rim salt.
The good news is a great margarita rim salt is easy and inexpensive to make at home. Package it up sweetly and functionally in a tin CD case, and you have the perfect suggestion of extravagance and sunlight. Each gift pretty much begets a party!
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder or other spicy chile powder
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered orange or lemon peel or powdered hibiscus (optional)
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_4842.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Spicy Margarita Salt Gifts | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Combine all ingredients in a [url href=”http://www.specialtybottle.com/tincdstyle52by8roundwslipcover.aspx” target=”_blank”]CD tin case[/url], close, shake and label with expressiveness and fun.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_4847.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Spicy Margarita Salt Gifts | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Oval Labels • I chose the “Sweetheart” style in green tea.
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Infused Bloody Marys Ginger-Mint Lemonade Homemade Bitters Fire Cider Recipe
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: