My husband loves hot sauce and has just recently developed a Sriracha fetish. He literally drizzles it on everything. I found this great recipe for Sriracha Salt on Pinterest and decided to make it for him for Father’s Day. It was so easy to make, and I have already come up with several other variations of the recipe for future use. Plus, the kids were able to help and there was little to no mess to clean up afterwards.
- 2 16 oz. containers coarse kosher salt
- 8 oz. Sriracha sauce
- Wax paper
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- First, line a large baking dish with wax paper.
- Then, pour your salt onto the paper and spread it out evenly. (My three year old daughter got to be the salt pour-er.)
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/srirachasalt4.jpg” width=”680″ height=”655″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”srirachasalt4″]
- Then, drizzle your Sriracha sauce over the salt. I used 2 16 oz. jars of salt and 1/2 of a 17 oz. bottle of sauce, but you can make yours as light or as heavy as you want. My nine year old son enjoyed making shapes and faces with the sauce.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/srirachasalt7.jpg” width=”2817″ height=”2817″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Sriracha Salt | Evermine Occasions | evermine.com”]
- Then, mix until you have a nice and even orange color, and spread out evenly again. Mommy did the mixing part. I have to admit I was afraid of what hot sauce and salt would feel like if it got in your eyes, and quickly grabbed the spoon away.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/srirachasalt8.jpg” width=”2866″ height=”2866″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”srirachasalt8″]
- Set your pan of Sriracha salt in an inconspicuous place and let dry (takes about three days).
- Store in an airtight container.
In three days the mixture was dry, and I was able to easily pour it into the salt shakers that I purchased. After adding my personalized labels and tags for dad, we all decided to taste test my creation on some hot and crispy curly fries. MMMMmmm man is it good! I’m not usually a spicy food eating girl, but Sriracha has a great flavor!
Used In This Project:
- Square Labels • I chose the “Xenith” style in red and gold.
- Small Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Xenith” style in red and gold.
PLEASE SHOP OUR ENTIRE FATHER’S DAY COLLECTION >