This recipe for Tiki Snack Mix is one of my all-time favorite party foods. The roasted nuts, bacon and pineapple make it irresistible! Serve this up at your next tiki party or backyard summer get-together. Don’t forget to make a double batch so you can send guests home with some to enjoy later. They’ll love you for it!
- 8 thick slices of meaty bacon
- 3 cups salted roasted peanuts and cashews
- 4 candied pineapple rings, cut into ⅓-inch triangles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a rack set over a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels and cut into ½-inch strips.
- In a bowl, toss the bacon with the peanuts, pineapple, sesame seeds, soy sauce, honey and cayenne. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once, until the bacon is browned. Season the mix with salt and stir occasionally until cool, then serve. Yields about 4 ½ cups.
I packaged my tiki snack mix in small frosted tin-tie bags and custom labels in the style Posie from Evermine.com.
Used In This Project:
More Snack Ideas:
S’more Trail Mix Candy Popcorn Deli-Style Nutmeats Chili in a Jar
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: