Shavuot is a favorite holiday, and one of the ways we celebrate is by hosting a community ice cream party. It is customary to eat dairy foods on this holiday, and without a doubt, our ice cream bar wins, hands down, because of our homemade waffle cones.
To create our waffle cone display, we typically use mini chalkboard stands with personalized labels. These labels peel off with ease, and make decorating such a breeze. Simply purchase the mini chalkboards and adhere your labels to create a chic look that’s personal. You could even match the labels to your table linens!
We use these paper favor bags to package the waffle cones, and adorn them with a small matching label that will be ready and waiting for guests to fill with the taste of a homemade waffle cone filled with their favorite ice cream flavor.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_4611.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Waffle Cone Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Preheat a waffle-cone maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Start with heat setting #3 and adjust as necessary, depending on the desired degree of brownness.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color, about 1 minute. Add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add the butter and milk and stir just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup batter onto the waffle-cone maker. Using a small offset spatula, spread the batter evenly over the surface. Close the lid and cook for at least 1 minute before lifting the lid to check for doneness. Continue cooking until the desired color is reached, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total on heat setting #4.
- Quickly remove the waffle from the waffle-cone maker and shape it around the cone roller (included with the waffle-cone maker). Hold the cone for a few seconds to set its shape. Set the cone on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Used In This Project:
- Petal Labels • I chose the “Floral Hearts” style in stone.
- Square Labels • I chose the “Floral Hearts” style in stone.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >