Honey Maple Granola with Pecans
During the summer, my husband Josh likes to eat yogurt with granola and fresh blueberries sprinkled on top. It’s light, healthy and filling enough to get him through his work morning until he runs out to Starbucks for his coffee fix.
I happen to love the fact that he is eating this stuff. Not because he eats unhealthy food, because he doesn’t, but I think any breakfast that breaks (haha, get it-breaks? Okay, I’ll stop) away from that typical bowl of cereal is kind of exciting. I myself usually have some yogurt with a sprinkling of granola and half a bagel or toast in the morning.
There is something about granola that just makes me feel like I’m being super healthy. Of course when you make it yourself, you kind of are. You control all the ingredients, and you know exactly what’s in it because it is so dang simple. Did I mention easy? Oh yes, this recipe took only 10 minutes to pull together, and because my oven gets super hot, it took even less time to bake than was specified-so be careful. That last thing anyone wants to eat is burnt granola!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 3 TB honey
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/preview/SPCA06-50/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_0125.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Honey Maple Granola with Pecans | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F. Stir the oats, pecans, rice cereal, flax seed, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the oil, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons water together in a small bowl. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir it all together, making sure it is thoroughly coated.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTCA10-50/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_0131.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Honey Maple Granola with Pecans | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Spread out the granola onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry, crisp, and golden… this can take anywhere from 10-35 minutes depending on hot your oven gets. Use a spatula to push the granola around the pan every 10 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. (The granola can be stored for up to 1 week. )
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/preview/SPCA06-50/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_0148.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Honey Maple Granola with Pecans | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Candystripe” style in spice.
- Small Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Candystripe” style in spice.
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Crunchy Ramen Snack Mix Deli Style Nutmeats Baked Sweet Potato Chips Sunflower Seed Butter
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: