In less than 4 weeks, I head to Brooklyn, NY for an international conference for women like myself who devote their lives to building Jewish communities. Chabad is the Hebrew acronym for “Chochma, Binah, Da’as” – “Wisdom, Understanding & Knowledge.” Chabad’s purpose is to be a physical and spiritual support for all, creating meaningful opportunities of learning and growth.
So, although the weather will most probably be frigid, and my toes may not defrost until I return to sunny California, there is nothing more inspiring than coming together with over 4000 women worldwide for a weekend of workshops, singing, laughter, camaraderie and unity. A weekend where we all pour into the gracious homes of friends and family in Crown Heights, soaking up this ‘spa for our body and soul.’
So, when it comes to giving hostess gifts, I think about those little things that maybe others wouldn’t necessarily indulge in for themselves. And when I think of the snowy, ice layered streets of Brooklyn, I think of warm comfort food like pancakes and waffles with a dollop of cream and sweet sticky syrup.
One of those things that I treat myself to on occasion is a bottle of some really high quality maple syrup. My favorite brand is from Williams Sonoma. It is light, yet deep with flavor, and the perfect match for homemade waffles, pancakes or even a cup of hot milk. These gifts are useful and delicious, and look extra special with a personalized tag.
I can’t wait to give my hostess, something sweet, from my heart to hers in gratitude for years of warm hospitality and friendship.
(The waffle recipe I like to use is super easy, and my newly purchased favorite kitchen appliance is this waffle maker from Williams Sonoma too! Enjoy this waffle recipe, and when in doubt, gift something sweet and syrupy.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTVL23-11/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/syruphostgift8.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Host Gift: Maple Syrup with Waffles | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs until fluffy, add flour, milk, oil, baking powder and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Spray reheated waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray. Poor mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Vintage Burlap” style in burlap basic.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >