Are you expecting? Congratulations! We know you can’t wait to meet your brand new baby and share the good news with all your nearest and dearest. That’s why we’ve put together this simple guide to help you prepare your baby’s birth announcements as much as possible before your bundle of joy arrives on the scene. Once he/she is born, you’re going to want to spend all your time sleeping and cuddling with your newborn and sleeping some more, so read on for a few of our time saving tips:
1. Choose your Baby Birth Announcement Style in Advance
Before your little one has even arrived, save your future self some time by selecting a few of your favorite birth announcement styles and color options in advance. Once you meet your baby, you’ll likely have a better idea of which announcement style suits him or her best. Then all you’ll need to do is personalize them with your baby’s info (For example: name, name of parents, date/time of birth, height and weight), and choose which photo you’d like to use to give your friends and family their first introduction.
Tip: Show your birth announcement style and color of choice to your photographer for visual inspiration.
- Photo Quality: You’ll want to use an image that’s clear, bright and of a resolution of 200 ppi or higher (300 ppi is best).
- Photo Orientation: Some of our baby announcements are better suited for horizontal images, and some are designed around a vertical photo orientation. It’s usually best not to try to squeeze a horizontal image into a space that’s meant for a vertical, and vice-versa.
- Colors and Props: Make your birth announcements pop by choosing a photograph that incorporates colors and props that compliment the announcement style rather than clash.
3. Prepare your Mailing List
One of the best ways to save time is to prepare your mailing list before your baby arrives. If you don’t already have your address book up to date, now is the time to wrangle all the information you’ll eventually need from your friends and family. This is helpful for sending out your thank you cards, too!
Then, to further save you time (and sore fingers!), Evermine offers the option to print your return address on each envelope. We also offer return address labels in our baby-themed styles to make your envelopes that much more memorable.