Follow these 3 steps to make your canning project look fabulous.
1. Choose the right size labels.
- Figure out what size jars you have and make sure there is untextured area on the sides. We find that the Kerr brand of jars have the best area for labeling.
- Use our chart below to find out what size label will fit on your jars and lids.
|JAR VOLUME||MOUTH SIZE||LABEL SIZE FOR JAR FRONT|
|Quart – 32 oz.||Regular mouth||2.25″ x 3.5″ oval |
3.25 x 3.5 rectangle
|Pint – 16 oz.||Regular mouth||1.875″ x 2.75″ rectangle|
|Half pint – 8 oz.||Regular mouth||1.9″ x 1.9″ square|
|Half pint – 8 oz.||Wide mouth||2.25″ x 1″ oval|
|4 ounce||Regular mouth||2.25″ x 1″ oval (clear glass) |
1.25″ x .75″ oval (textured glass)
2. Select your label material.
- For home canning: Vinyl labels are best because they are easy to remove.
- For bringing product to market: Roll labels with waterproof BOPP and gloss laminate is best. These label materials will hold up well even in wet environments and will keep your branding looking great for the life of the jar.
3. Style it.
- Pick a template that communicates your style. Plug in your words and product name, make any changes to font style and color. When you like what you see, send it to print!
- Already have your own label design? Upload it and submit your order. We’ll let you know if we need any adjustments to your art.