This DIY cocoa mix recipe is an adorable Christmas gift idea that’s so easy to make. The crushed peppermint candies make this hot cocoa extra festive and yummy for the holiday season!
INGREDIENTS PER JAR (1/2 Pint Size Jar)
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
– 1/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/8 cup white chocolate chips
1. Mix together the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chips in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Place peppermint candies in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Add the layers down evenly into a ½ pint wide neck canning jar, starting with the sugar and ending with the chocolate chip mix
– Half Pint Ball Canning Jars
– Evermine Floral Candycane Style 2″ Circle Labels, in “Green Tea”
– Evermine Simple Edge Style Scallop Hang Tags, in “Deep Red”, font choice: “Bonjour”
– Evermine Red & White Deluxe Baker’s Twine
– Evermine Gingham Small Oval Text Labels (this sticker size is made to fit perfectly within the smooth oval space on the backs of the quilted glass jars!) I chose the color “Deep Red”, and personalized with the directions for the cocoa mix: “PEPPERMINT HOT COCOA MIX Directions: Mix contents and 1/2 gallon milk in crock pot or stove top. Makes 8 cups. Enjoy!”
TO PREPARE HOT COCOA
Slow Cooker: In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, add the contents of the gift jar and a ½ gallon whole milk. Stir, cover and cook on HIGH for about 1.5 hours until warm and everything is melted completely, stirring occasionally.
Stove-top: In a large pot, add the contents of the gift jar and a ½ gallon of whole milk. Heat on medium-high heat until warm and everything is melted completely, stirring occasionally.