This is an easy recipe for kids and anyone not in the habit of baking bread. Plus, dads get to put their own twist on the recipe by choosing the beer that goes into it.
You’ll love this easy baking project!
- Easy quick-rising recipe
- Dads get to pick the beer they add
- Bakes off the alcohol for a yummy bread to share with the whole family
- Take advantage of multi-choice hang tags (get different colors, words, images in a single hangtag order
Materials and tools:
-Large mixing bowl
-Kraft window bags, cellophane bags or a quart jar with lid
-Labels that fit your packaging
3 1/4 c flour
3 teaspoons dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoon sage
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 12-oz bottle of beer (optional), or let Dad pick out the beer
- Combine all the ingredients and funnel them into a cellophane bag, kraft window bag or a quart jar.
- Repeat this process for the number of kits you want to give away.
- Label your bags/jars with personalized labels from evermine.com. Here are the front labels and here are the text labels pictured. The text label reads: “Pour this mix and 12 oz of your favorite beer (at room temperature) into a large bowl and stir. Let rise for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Pour the dough into a greased loaf pan, smoothing out the top. Bake for 1 hour. Brush the top with butter 10 minutes before the end of baking. Cheers to you on Father’s Day!”
- Add an extra sweet touch with personalized hang tags. We used multi-choice hangtags to give Dad, Granddad, Uncle Mike and Elsie’s bro (a new dad!) each a personalized hang tag.
- Your father’s day kits are ready to charm the dads you your life