Kids, camping season is almost here. Here’s an easy cornbread mix recipe that is yummy when made in a Dutch oven while camping, or will make a great thanks-for-taking-me-camping gift.
- Medium kraft window bags or medium cellophane bags
- Labels that will fit your bags (Pictured are the diamond label and text label in the elements icon style in navy.)
- Hang tags (Pictured are the square hang tags in the picture perfect style, also in navy.)
1 c cornmeal
1 c flour
2/3 c sugar
3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Visit evermine.com to pick out labels that will fit your bags. You get to pick out the colors and words and you can even include a picture of your self! Tip: Do this ahead of time so you’ll be able to package your baking mix right away. Our text label reads: “Combine with 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1/3 cup butter and, if available, 1/3 cup corn. Pour into a greased cast iron skillet and bake at 350F. Or, better yet, pour into a greased Dutch oven and set above and below a few red-hot coals. Bake until golden brown. Best served outdoors near a campfire.”
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place a front and back label on a bag.
- Pour the mix into the labeled bag.
- Use twine to attach a hang tag around the top of the folded shut (but not yet sealed)bag.
- Seal the bag. Your cornbread mixes are ready to give as gifts!