Calling all dog-loving kids! Jump into this recipe to make your own dog treats. You can use them to make dog friends, human friends or even find a summer job or two.
Read on to learn how.
Materials and tools:
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Kitchen oven
- Cellophane bags
- Custom labels from evermine to fit your cellophane bags (Tip: order these first, so your labels will be ready when your dog treats are fresh.)
- Business cards or calling cards, if you’re looking to make friends or meet potential clients.
Kids Make Gifts! Dog Treats
- 2 cups cooked lamb, chicken, or beef bits*, chopped into pea-sized pieces
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- *This is an excellent time to make use of pieces of gristle or fat that don’t make it into human meals. Dogs love that stuff!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture over this, forming a uniformly flat rectangular sheet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick puncturing the center comes out clean.
- Remove the large biscuit cake and cut it into 1-inch strips.
- Place these strips onto a dehydrator tray and dehydrate until completely dry.
- Next, label your cellophane bags before placing these biscotti-shaped dog biscuits into them.
- If you’ve got a calling card or a business card, drop that into the back of the package, facing out.
- Seal the bag with a twist tie. some twine, or an inconspicuous piece of clear tape.
- Your biscuits are ready to charm some dogs and their humans!