Know someone who could use the gift of self-care and relaxation? You’ll love making these bath bombs – here’s why:
- Easy to find ingredients
- Super fun, texturally
- Scent and color them to your liking
- Save a few for yourself
Kids Make Gifts! Easter Egg Bath Bombs
Recipe Type: Bath & Body
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/8 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Soap coloring or bath coloring
- 1/4 cup citric acid (often found in the canning section of the grocery store)
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the liquid ingredients into a jar, including the soap coloring, and swirl to mix
- Add the jar contents to the mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Add the citric acid and mix thoroughly.
- Firmly press this mixture into one half of the plastic egg, then gently remove it from the egg mold and set on a plate or dehydrator tray.
- Repeat this molding process, alternating the pointy and rounded egg halves until you run out of the mixture.
- Repeat all of this with any other colors or scent combinations you want to make.
- Let the bath bombs dry at least 24 hours.
To put your egg halves together and turn your craftwork into a sweet gift or party favor:
- Visit Evermine.com to pick out the perfect labels for your bath bombs. (Pictured are the tamper evident seals, oval hang tags and twine.) You can include a picture of yourself or the lucky person receiving your gift!
- Once your labels, hangtags and twine have arrived, cut a section of twine about 48 inches long.
- String a hangtag on one end and tie a simple knot about 8 inches from the end.
- Place a pointy egg half and a rounded egg half together, brushing off any bath bomb dust and rubbing away any protruding edges.
- Use your long piece of twine to wrap the egg vertically several times, rotating around the egg to secure the halves together. Tie the two ends of the twine together to secure it.
- Use a skinny label as a band around the middle of the bath bomb, covering up the meeting of the two halves.
- Your gifts are ready! Give with joy and gratitude!