A super easy craft idea for a non-sugary valentine’s gift. Like this, but with heart shaped labels and classic Sweetheart candy messages.
Are you falling in love with this simple and sweet Valentine’s project? Oh, let us count the ways:
- No baking required
- A candy-free Valentine’s treat
- Have a ball creating your own messages on each heart
- Cheer your friends and sweethearts with these thinking-of-you gifts
- Visit Evermine.com to pick out heart-shaped labels in the Elements style in several colors, and add different messages to each heart. (While you’re there, pick out large labels and matching hang tags to package up your garland gifts.)
- Add twine to your order as well.
- Once you have your materials, for each sheet of heart labels, cut 2 pieces of twine into 24-inch lengths.
- Remove one heart label and place it sticky side up on your work surface, then, carefully place your twine along the center of the heart, about 6 inches down from one end of the twine.
- Remove another heart label and carefully place it sticky side down, right on top of the first label, so the sticky sides are together with the twine in between them.
- Place another heart label pair on the twine, this time about a heart’s height distance down from the first heart.
- Repeat this process until you have 5 double-sided hearts on your garland.
- Continue making garlands until you run out of hearts.
- Tie a loop at the top of each garland, tie a simple knot about a heart’s height lower than the last heart on each garland, and trim off any excess twine. Your garlands are finished!
Tip: If you use 5 double-sided hearts for each garland, you’ll make 2 garlands per sheet of labels. Feel free to make garlands with more than 5 hearts, just be sure to cut longer lengths of twine.
To turn these cheery garlands into a heartwarming gift:
- Place a large rectangle label on a self-sealing plastic bag.
- Place 1-3 garlands in the bag and seal it closed.
- Use a hole punch to create a hole in a corner of the bag.
- Use twine to attach a hang tag to your gift.
- It’s ready to give to your friends and loved ones!