It’s camping season! Make mini-smore muddy buddy mix with the easy recipe:
- No fire required.
- Have fun with the messy-not-messy step of shaking a paper bag full of chocolate and sugar!
- Turn them into memorable gifts–maybe even with your name on them.
Materials and tools:
– Large mixing bowl
– Microwave (optional) or double boiler (optional) or stovetop and sauce pan
– Large clean paper bag
– Cellophane bags or plastic bags
– Labels that fit your bags well
– Hang tags and twine
- 12 oz graham crackers
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Break the graham crackers into pieces in a large bowl.
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a bowl and microwave them for a few seconds, then stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate is fully melted. You can do this on the stove with a double boiler, if you have one, or else in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the graham crackers, add the salt and stir until the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch in a large, clean paper bag.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the paper bag and shake until everything is lightly coated in powder.
- Return the mixture to the large bowl, and allow the chocolate to cool.
- When the chocolate is cool and hardened, add the marshmallows and stir to combine.
To turn these munchings in to memorable treats:
- Visit evermine.com to pick out your label and hang tag sizes, style, colors, wording and images. (Tip: Do this step ahead of time so you’ll be ready to do the project all at once.)
- Place your labels on the empty bags, then fill them with the goodies.
- Use a hole punch and twine to add an extra sweet touch with personalized hang tags.
- Your treats are ready to make lasting memories!