Sources: Lovebug Cookies (Created by Diane), Ladybug Coasters (Evermine), Ladybug Cake (via Kara’s Party Ideas. Cakes by Colleen Craig), Ladybug Cheese Snacks (C. Mariani via Flickr), Critter Snakcs (Evermine), Ladybug Baby Food Jar Favors (Scroll Down).
If you’re throwing a baby shower for your favorite soon-to-be parents, or a birthday party for your kiddo, ladybug themed foods, favors and decorations are not only super simple to prepare, but they’ll also impress your guests! That’s why, to go along with our line of ladybug stationery, favor tags, beverage coasters and more, we’ve come up with an adorable ladybug-inspired jellybean favor so you can send your guests home with a special treat. Scroll down for the tutorial:
- Once your baby food jars are de-labeled, clean and totally dry, fill each with mostly red jelly beans, dispersing the black jelly beans here and there until you have a black polka dot effect (similar to what you'd find on the back of a ladybug).
- Screw on the lid, and cut your tissue paper into squares that fit over the lid. Add a dab of glue (we used a glue stick) to the lid to keep the tissue paper in place while you secure the ribbon. Attach your personalized favor tag to the ribbon, and finish with a bow.
- For the finishing touch, add a personalized label to the top of each jar over the tissue paper. We used the small circle labels, but you could use any label size that fits your lid.
- Finally, display your jars on a flat surface at your baby shower or party. We like to place ours near the door so guests know to take one before they leave.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Lady Bug” style in tangerine.
- Small Circle Labels • I chose the “Lady Bug” style in tangerine.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BABY SHOWER COLLECTION >