Sometimes there is someone in your life that works so hard, often thanklessly, who you know should take time for themselves, but refuses. I have a friend who volunteers with kids when she is not taking care of her own. She is always the first to offer help, lend an ear, or even add a sassy comment to a Facebook photo. She can be counted on to support everyone around her despite long days and a sore body, so I made her something that she could use to pamper herself.
These lavender bath melts are pure luxury in a tiny package. Add a few to a warm bath and they melt and mix in with the water. Like a magnet, the cocoa butter is drawn to dry skin. Along with the coconut oil, it soaks in over the course of a bath and leaves the skin velvety soft and moisturized.
- Melt the oils in the small pot over medium low heat. Stir constantly and keep a watchful eye on the oils. You want them to just reach the melting point and not overheat.
- When the oils have melted and combined, add the essential oil and stir well.
- Immediately pour into silicone moulds. A Turkish coffee pot makes this job a lot easier. I use this pot for all my natural skincare recipes as it is small but tall, has a long handle to keep your hands away from hot oils, and (of course) because it s much easier to pour with a spout.
- Sprinkle dried lavender buds on the hot oil, dividing the tablespoon up evenly between the bath melts.
- Move the silicone mould to the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- Pack them into gift boxes with a label and instructions and store them in the fridge until you give them away!
Used In This Project:
- Small Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Chalkboard” style in lilac.
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Chalkboard” style in lilac.
- Small Gift Boxes • I chose the white color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >