The thing I love most about my home is my master bath tub. It’s big and huge and lovely. Most Sunday nights I draw a bath to try and soak in the last bit of the weekend before turning in for the night. I love bath salts because they are designed to help relax tense muscles, soothe the senses, calm the mind and promote a better night’s sleep. And since just about every friend I have has a bath tub, I thought making bath salts would be a fun gift idea for birthdays and holidays. Here is how I made mine; be prepared – it’s really simple!
- 6 cups (1 bag) Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaking Solution (I used Soothe & Sleep with Lavender)
- 1 cup of Dried Lavender buds
- Small Glass Jars (I used small 3 ounce spice jars)
- In a large bowl, combine epsom salt and lavender buds, and mix until well combined.
- Once mixed, scoop lavender salt mix into airtight jars.
- Adorn your jars with custom labels. I used the Just Glamorous style in lilac.
This recipe will yield about 16 three ounce jars at a time, so you will always have some homemade gifts on hand for hostess gifts. I wanted my salts to have a Parisan flair to them, so I looked up a few sayings in French. “Sels de bain” is bath salts, and “fait avec amour” means made with love. I am really looking forward to gifting these to my girlfriends this holiday season!
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
English Lavender Linen Sachets DIY Manicure Kits Homemade Chamomile Salve Vanilla-Coconut Sugar Scrub
Shop Our Bath & Body Collection: