Dark in the morning. Dark in the evening. Dark. Dark. Dark. That’s winter for you. I need something to wake me up before the sun starts to shine, and this lemon meringue sugar scrub is just the thing!
The delicious scent of lemon and vanilla together will brighten your mind and awaken your appetite. The grains of sugar will exfoliate a rough winter hide while the oil will soften your skin and help to hold in some much needed moisture. All of this in an all-natural recipe that is easy to make.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-4 drops vanilla absolute (essential oil)
- 5-6 drops lemon essential oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly.
- Vanilla absolute is different than vanilla extract - please use the absolute as it is much more concentrated. As it is quite dark, it will add a bit or brown to your sugar scrub, so only use a few drops. Those drops do go a long way in giving this scrub it's delicious scent and it helps to mask the olive oil aroma. If you aren't a fan of olive oil, you can substitute it for the same amount of coconut oil or sweet almond oil. If you swap out the oil, your scrub will also be white.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Katniss” style in sunburst.
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Katniss” style in sunburst.
SHOP OUR FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >