Bumble bees, lady bugs and butterflies… the perfect theme for Vanessa’s 7th birthday party! We chose an adorable woodland theme complete with mushroom decorations, a mossy log, cupcakes, and butterfly favor boxes.
Red flower clasp boxes coordinated perfectly with the Lil’ Bug theme. I chose to add the new petal shape label to each box filled with candies for guests to take home.
Thinking of new ways to use circle toppers (other than attached to wooden skewers and poked into the cupcakes), I decided to make a fun polkadot garland to hang from a tree branch as a simple backdrop.
DIY Polkadot Bug Garland
• Red cardstock
• Lil’ Bug Green Topper Printables (Download here for free!)
• Circle punch
• Glue stick
• Tree branch
1. Download the green colored Lil’ Bug Toppers. Print onto medium/heavy weight white cardstock and cut out each circle with scissors.
2. Using a circle punch (choose any size, 1-2″ diameter works best), cut out coordinating red (or your favorite color) circles.
3. Cut your twine to the desired length of each strand of garland, leaving about 6-10 inches extra for tying.
4. Use a glue stick to glue both the bug toppers and red circles back to back with the twine in between. Alternate bugs and red dots, spacing each circle about 1 inch apart to create a garland strand.
5. Make as many strands as you like and tie them onto a tree branch to display at the party!
Used In This Project:
More homemade gift ideas from Jeanne:
Party Noisemakers Bug Juice & Critter Snacks Dirt Cup Desserts Butterfly Cupcakes
Shop Our Birthday Collection: