Plus Free Party Printables!
Bumble bees, lady bugs and butterflies… the perfect theme for Vanessa’s 7th birthday party! We chose an adorable woodland theme complete with mushroom decorations, a mossy log, cupcakes, and butterfly favor boxes.
Thinking of new ways to use circle toppers (other than attached to wooden skewers and poked into the cupcakes), I decided to make a fun polkadot garland to hang from a tree branch as a simple backdrop.
DIY Polkadot Bug Garland
• Red cardstock
• Lil’ Bug Green Topper Printables (Download here for free!)
• Circle punch
• Glue stick
• Tree branch
1. Download the green colored Lil’ Bug Toppers. Print onto medium/heavy weight white cardstock and cut out each circle with scissors.
2. Using a circle punch (choose any size, 1-2″ diameter works best), cut out coordinating red (or your favorite color) circles.
3. Cut your twine to the desired length of each strand of garland, leaving about 6-10 inches extra for tying.
4. Use a glue stick to glue both the bug toppers and red circles back to back with the twine in between. Alternate bugs and red dots, spacing each circle about 1 inch apart to create a garland strand.
5. Make as many strands as you like and tie them onto a tree branch to display at the party!
Used In This Project:
More homemade gift ideas from Jeanne:
Party Noisemakers Bug Juice & Critter Snacks Dirt Cup Desserts Butterfly Cupcakes
Shop Our Birthday Collection: