This portable treat is perfect for picnics, birthdays, or just about any occasion, such as Wednesday. Wednesday seems like the perfect reason to celebrate summer with a personal-sized ice cream cake, doesn’t it? You made it through more than half the week and so I say, “Ice cream for everyone!”
The best part about this ice cream cake isn’t that it’s in mason jars so you can bring it anywhere. It’s not the deliciously buttery cookie crust. It’s not the rich, dark chocolate fudge. It’s not even the lip-smacking cookie ice cream layer or the tart chocolate cherry ice cream layer. It’s the fact that YOU DON’T HAVE TO SHARE! There is nothing worse than watching someone slice up an ice cream cake with the teeniest tiniest piece coming your way. Not with these mason jar ice cream cakes. It’s fairly divided into 1-cup portions JUST FOR YOU.
- 6-8 wide mouth mason jars with rings and lids
- 1 package of chocolate wafer cookies
- ½ cup butter
- Cookie ice cream, softened
- Chocolate cherry ice cream, softened
- Dark chocolate fudge ice cream sauce
- Reserve a few cookies for garnish. Grind the rest of the cookies in a food processor until you get a fine crumble.
- Melt the butter and pour over cookie crumbs in a separate bowl.
- As the mason jars are going to go in and out of the freezer now for each layer, I put them in a large-size muffin tin for ease. Spoon the cookie mix into the bottom of 6-8 mason jars (6 jars will have a thick crust and 8 jars will have a thin crust). Press the cookie mix firmly into the bottom of each mason jar and freeze.
- Spread the cookie ice cream onto frozen crust and freeze.
- Spread chocolate fudge sauce onto first layer of ice cream and freeze.
- Spread chocolate cherry ice cream onto frozen chocolate sauce, screw lid on, and freeze.
- Serve with a few cookies crumbled on top and a strong spoon. Happy Wednesday!
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Homemade Moscato Cupcakes Cinnamon Palmiers Sesame Seed Candies Homemade Jello Cookies
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: