I’ve been learning more and more about homemade bath and body products these days. This was my first try at making bath salts, and I have to say, they were a lot of fun to create! The ingredients and process are simple, and you can customize your salt with color and scent for any occasion.
Feeling naturally drawn to water energy, I decided to make some Mermaid Bath Salts. These would make wonderful favors for a birthday or baby shower!
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- ⅓ cup pink Himalayan sea salt
- ⅓ cup baking soda
- 15 rose germanium essential oil
- 10 drops lavender
- 5 drops rosemary
- Food coloring
- In a bowl, combine the Epsom salt, pink salt and baking soda. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Next add in the food coloring. If you are going to mix colors like I did, you’ll need to mix it in a separate bowl first, then pour it into the salt mix. This will prevent uneven coloring. I wanted my bath salts to be deep blue (like the sea), so I added 20 drops of blue and 6 drops of purple. But feel free to make your salts any color or shade you like. Pour the coloring into the salt mix and stir until the color is fully combined with the salt.
- Next add in the essential oils. I chose rose geranium for love, lavender for peace of mind, and rosemary for protection and healing. Stir the salt mix until the fragrance is thoroughly combined. Let your bath salts dry for a few hours before packing them into jars (this will help prevent clumping).
Used In This Project:
- Petal Labels • I chose the “Mermaid” style in purple.
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Mermaid” style in purple.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >