Party planning is one of my favorite things to do. I just love coming up with lots of fun, creative details to make the event extra special. It’s especially fun when the party has a theme! These cute Message-in-a-Bottle favors would be perfect for a mermaid or ocean themed party. They could even become an activity for guests to make their own to take home!
- Glass bottles with corks
- Sand (I used both natural and colored sand)
- Funnel & spoon
- Small seashells
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Baker’s twine or string
- Custom favor tag
- The first step is to fill your jars with sand. I created layers using natural sand I brought home from the beach, and some blue colored sand I had on hand. Using a funnel, pour the sand into the bottles, one spoonful at a time. Alternate the different colors to create. Fill each bottle about half way.
- Next drop in some seashells. Use the end of the spoon or a chopstick to carefully arrange each shell in the sand.
- Finally, you want to add your message! Cut a small piece of paper. I cut mine to be 2”x4”. Write your message, roll up into a scroll and tie with baker’s twine. Then carefully drop it into the bottle and again, use a spoon end/chopstick to arrange it inside the bottle. Seal with a cork.
- To give these as party favors, I decorated each bottle with a custom scallop favor tag in the style, Mermaid.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Mermaid” style in purple.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >