This is the absolute sweetest favor I have ever made! These mini strawberry shortcakes were packaged lovingly for my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah. The labels, which matched the decor, made them stand out and added that personal touch.
- 3 Cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking Powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Whipping Cream
- Fresh Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Small, favor-sized jars
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, orange juice, vanilla, and beaten eggs together until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Pour batter into 2 9x13 parchment-lined baking pans (this will produce two thin sheets of cake).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven when baked and set on a wire rack until cool.
- Once cool, use a circle cookie cutter to cut your cake into circles that are just smaller than your jars. Layer your jars with the cake circles, strawberries and whipping cream.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
And for my dear daughter, YOU are my sweetest!
Top two photographs taken by Enluce Photography.
Used In This Project:
- Fancy Square Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in turquoise.
More Gift Ideas:
Ombre Cookies Mason Jar Ice Cream Favors Homemade Moscato Cupcakes
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: