On the Christmas before last, one of my sisters made vanilla body scrub Christmas gifts, and I loved it! It worked so well on my skin, smelled so good, and I loved that it was something she made for me and the rest of Josh’s sisters.
I guess you could say I’m a sucker for homemade gifts. You know who else loves homemade gifts? Moms do!
I don’t know how often most busy moms get the chance to escape life and spend the day at the spa. I’ve been a mom for 11 years and I’ve never been to the spa. I do, however, get to steal away to my bathroom and use scrubs to exfoliate, and lotions to smooth my skin. I’ll tell you what, those 10-20 minutes that I spend in the bathroom pampering myself feel like a little mini retreat to the spa, and it’s a lot cheaper too.
The is one of those projects that dads can get involved in making for their wives with the help of kids (I just love family projects). To go the extra mile, you could always grab a basket from the dollar store, and buy a new loofah for mom, with some nail polish, and maybe a bottle of her favorite body lotion and bubble bath.
If you don’t know where to find essential oils, Amazon is great place to look, or the health food section of your grocery store. If you can’t find vanilla, lavender would be beautiful in this scrub as well.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup fresh coffee grinds (not instant or used)
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- 3-4 droppers full or 2 tsp vanilla essential oil
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/canning-jar-toppers/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Coffee-Vanilla-Scrub1.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Mother’s Day Gift: Coffee-Vanilla Sugar Scrub | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined and store in 5-6 4-oz mason jars. Distribute jars to all of the lovely moms in your life.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/canning-jar-toppers/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Coffee-Vanilla-Scrub-131.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Mother’s Day Gift: Coffee-Vanilla Scrub | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Heart Hang Tags • I chose the “Raj” style in soft adobe.
- Small Canning Jar Toppers • I chose the “Raj” style in soft adobe.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >