What better favor to give after a cooking class than homemade peanut butter cookies! These are my kind of cookies, with a recipe that is easy, delicious and doesn’t require any fussy lines from the tines of a fork. I mean, why can’t peanut butter cookies simply be neat mounds of creamy peanut butteriness without the gingham pattern?
These favorite cookies of mine are packed into WECK jars, and look all the more preppy with personalized labels that add a decorative, homemade touch. You will definitely want to double these and pop them in the freezer. After all, these are cookies with character!
- 1 cup butter or Earth Balance margarine
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy organic unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.
- Cookies will seem underdone, but do not let brown on top (unless of course you like crunchy cookies).
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Place cookies in jars (I used ¼ L Mold Jars).
- Add your personalized labels!
Used In This Project:
- Fancy Diamond Labels • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in warm grey.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >