Pi day is just around the corner! Pi (or 3.14) is celebrated on March 14 (3/14) and can include food, games, and fun. Here at Evermine, we love all things nerdy and sweet. So we decided to share with you our secrets and tips on how to celebrate the nerdiest day in the year.
- Invite friends, family, (or in our case, co-workers) to a pie swap.
We posted a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board for people to sign up. Make sure you inform your guests about the Pi Day party at least two weeks beforehand, so they can prepare accordingly.
2. Take the opportunity to make things with Pi puns and sayings.
Our favorites include:
- Sweet as 3.14159
- Come to the nerdy side. We have PIE.
We gave everyone buttons to wear throughout the day. We also placed a label on some milk bottles and filled it with refreshing orange soda. Milk or iced coffee works too!
3. Bake pies in jars to give as party favors.
These are great to use because your guests can take a pie home without worrying about a container or a mess. We used small mason jars and included tags for a personalized touch.
Want to raise the level of your Pi Day Party? Here are some things you can try out:
- Offer different flavors of ice cream to top off people’s pies.
- Peanuts, sprinkles, and whipped cream are also great toppings.
- Play Pi Day games such as hosting a contest on whoever can recite the most numbers of Pi. Reward the winner with Pie.
- Make a special birthday pie for Albert Einstein, whose birthday happens to be March 14.