Whether you’re moving, throwing a massive party for a loved one or canning and preserving a giant garden harvest, sometimes it’s best to just give in and ask friends and family for help. After all, giant tasks become a whole lot easier (and more fun) when you’re doing them with others. That’s why we put together these gift bags full of homemade chocolate covered potato chips. The recipe for this is simple to make using just a few store bought ingredients, but your helpers will feel super appreciated once they receive this gift as a gesture of thanks for chippin’ in their time and effort.
To make these gift bags, just purchase a bag or two of your favorite potato chips. We like to use a mish-mash of different varieties, such as kettle chips, ribbed chips, baked chips and regular ol’ potato chips for a variety of textures. Once you’ve dipped your chips in the chocolate, you can leave them as is, or you can garnish with added raw sugar, sprinkles, chopped nuts, cookie crumbs or whatever else suits your fancy.
- A bag of chocolate chips
- Salted potato chips
- Toppings: raw cane sugar, sprinkles, cookie crumbles, chopped nuts, etc. (optional)
- Line your counter with wax paper. Open your bags of chips. Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over a saucepan with an inch of simmering water over medium-low heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth. Dip your chips in the chocolate, one by one, and place them on the wax paper to dry.
- Optional: Sprinkle your toppings over the chocolate before it has a chance to dry.
- Allow chocolate to cure completely before packaging. Place chips in paper tin-tie bags and attach personalized labels and tags to give as gifts.
Used In This Project:
- Large Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Jubilation” style in tuxedo.
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Jubilation” style in tuxedo.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE THANK YOU COLLECTION >