Pretty Pink Birthday Cupcakes
Sweet four (almost going on fourTEEN). That sums up my precious little girl who is pink, frilly, lacy and all. She’s a headband-wearing, bow-and-ribbon loving, lip gloss collector fashionista, and when I allow, she loves her nails done. In pink, of course.
So, it only makes sense to bake these basic yellow cupcakes with a simple glaze on top to highlight these DIY pink mini birthday flags made from personal labels. These flags are super easy to make. Just order the address sized labels in the Ruffled Ombre style (and you get a lot of labels per sheet, making this decor really cost effective), and stick the edge of one label onto a toothpick.
It’s as simple as that, yet the absolute cutest way to decorate your birthday cupcakes. And what better gift to give than shades of pink beads for the birthday girl to create sparkly jewelry to match her lip gloss, of course!
Happy 4th Birthday Shaina!
- Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice (I use rice milk or almond milk for a lighter flavor)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 cup Icing Sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 – 4 tsp. Water or maple syrup
- Mix all dry ingredients together and add wet ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into cupcake paper holders about 3/4 of the way full, and bake at 325 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool and ice with simple glaze.
- Mix icing sugar and water together starting with 1 tsp. of water and increasing by only 1 tsp. at a time until the consistency is thick and creamy and spreadable but not thin and watery.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-AL02/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3755.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Pretty Pink Birthday Cupcakes | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Address Labels • I chose the “Ruffled Ombre” style in bright pink.
SHOP OUR BIRTHDAY COLLECTION >