Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread 8 cups of popcorn on the paper and add 1½ cups of roasted pumpkin seeds. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup of brown sugar, ½ cup of butter and ½ cup of light corn syrup into a 2-quart saucepan. Stir frequently as butter melts.
- Add 1½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Bring caramel mixture to a full boil, stirring occasionally. Let boil for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir occasionally so the caramel doesn't scorch or boil over. At the end of 5 minutes, stir 1 teaspoon of vanilla into caramel.
- Carefully pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly distribute the caramel.