The holidays don’t have to just be for the kids. Neither do pipe cleaners, pompoms and googly eyes. Well, ok, maybe the craft supplies are pushing it a bit, but really, who wouldn’t like to get a case of this delicious craft beer all dressed up for Christmas? I know I would!
This project could also be done with root beer for the kids. Today, though, we will cheers with reindeer beer, grown-up style!
- Choose beer bottles without much in the way of labels so they are easy to cover with the vinyl peel-and-stick labels.
- Add a bottle label to the front of the bottle and a small circle label to cover the cap.
- Wind a pipe cleaner around the neck of each beer bottle, sitting on the little ridge just under the cap. Twist the pipe cleaners behind the caps and bend the ends up in the shape of antlers.
- Cut the remaining two of the pipe cleaners in half, then cut each of those four pieces in half again. Twist the cut pieces around the top part of the antlers and bend each side up to create three prongs to the antler.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the googly eyes and the pompoms as the reindeer eyes and nose. In this case, only one has a red nose (Rudolph) and the other reindeer have green noses.
- Set the reindeer beer into a 4-pack bottle carrier and add a personalized label.
- My reindeer beer is a craft beer made by "Olive, the other reindeer." I bet that joke will get funnier as the night goes on!
Used In This Project:
More Holiday Gift and Favor Ideas:
Hot Buttered Rum Batter Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Gingerbread Cookies Candy Cane Cooler
Shop Our Holiday Collection: