Soft, mildly sweet and deliciously nutty, these roasted pumpkin pie chickpeas are beyond simple to make at home, and are the perfect go-to snack recipe for autumn gatherings. We like to package them using paper tin-tie bags so they stay fresh, and give them to friends and family as edible gifts for Thanksgiving or fall-themed parties.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Dry the chickpeas as much as possible using paper towels or tea towels. Place in a bowl and add the oil. Gently toss to ensure all chickpeas are coated. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, and remove once time is up. Pour chickpeas back in the bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until evenly distributed. Pour the puree into the bowl with the half-roasted chickpeas, and gently stir until chickpeas are coated.
- Place back on roasting pan and bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chickpeas start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once chickpeas are room temperature, package in tin-tie bags or place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Used In This Project:
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >