This wedding favors idea is super simple to make at home and combines two of our favorite trends: ombre and Pantone’s 2014 color of the year, Radiant Orchid. To create the ombré effect, just create several shades of melted candy for your sugar cookies using Wilton’s lavender, pink, and white Candy Melts®. You can use any sugar cookie recipe you’d like (or even store bought dough), and once your cookies are cooled, it only takes 30-45 minutes to have them frosted and ready for packaging.
- Sugar Cookies, baked and cooled
- 2 oz lavender Candy Melts® candy
- 2 oz pink Candy Melts® candy
- 4 oz white Candy Melts® candy
- Make sugar cookies using any recipe (we used store bought dough). Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use circle cutter to cut cookies. Bake and cool.
- Tint candy. Melt lavender, pink and white [url href=”http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=pg_candymeltshttp://” target=”_blank”]Candy Melts[/url] candy in separate bowls in a microwave according to package directions. Using separate bowls, mix melted white candy to the pink and/or lavender candies to create light and medium shades; reserve original shade for darkest color.
- Dip cookies. Use tongs to dip half of cookie in lightest shade of melted candy. Tap to smooth and remove excess candy. Place on parchment-covered cookie sheet. Chill until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat for medium shade of melted candy, dipping to cover 2/3 of candy-coated area. Chill until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat for darkest shade of melted candy to cover 1/3 of candy-coated area. Chill until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once candy has chilled, you can serve or prepare for packaging.
We chose to package our ombré-dipped sugar cookies using clear cellophane bags so the frosting would show through. To seal our bags, we chose personalized Ruffled Ombré labels in bright pink and radiant orchid to perfectly pair with the cookie frosting. Enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Labels • I chose the “Ruffled Ombre” style in radiant orchid and bright pink.
- Large Cellophane bags • I chose the large size.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE WEDDING COLLECTION >