I love making sweet and simple treats, especially for someone special. My favorite little guy, Luke, is turning one this March. To celebrate, I’m helping his mom host a beach-themed party for him. She didn’t want to do anything too crazy or over the top, so I decided these Sand Dollar Cookies were the perfect treat to send guests home with. A simple sugar cookie recipe with a sprinkle of creativity!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 pinches of kosher salt
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Special Tools:
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- 2 ¾” circle cookie cutter
- Pastry brush
- Baking sheets
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Then add 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks (save the egg whites in a small bowl to use later). Beat until well combined, then mix in the vanilla and salt. Slowly add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until the flour is incorporated and a nice dough forms. Form the dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours (or overnight).
- Once your dough is chilled, set your oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment. Roll out the dough to ¼” thick onto a floured surface. Cut out circles and place them onto the parchment.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_6629.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Sand Dollar Cookies Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Brush each circle with the reserved egg whites and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar. Press five almond slices into each cookie to create the sand dollar. Sprinkle again with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_6649.jpg” width=”680″ height=”915″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Sand Dollar Cookies Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Under the Sea” style in mint.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BIRTHDAY COLLECTION >