Sometimes the most delicious recipes are made from the most basic of ingredients. That’s certainly the case with this recipe for Fresh Ginger Tea with Sweet Honey Cream. All you need to make this warming beverage is a few simple ingredients: ginger root, cream, honey, water and maybe some freshly ground spices. Serve this tea while entertaining at home, or bring the fixings over to a friend or family member who could use a pick-me-up.
- 1 3" piece of fresh ginger root
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground Cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- Peel the ginger and slice thinly. Place ginger slices in a medium saucepan and cover with 4 cups of cold water. Place saucepan over medium-high heat until the water starts to boil. Remove from heat and let ginger slices continue to steep until water is room temperature. Using a strainer, transfer ginger tea to a quart sized mason jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (stays fresh for 2-3 days).
- In a small saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream and honey, and add a pinch of cinnamon (optional). place saucepan over medium heat, and stir continuously until the cream has heated through and the honey has dissolved and fully incorporated itself into the cream. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To serve, heat the ginger tea in a saucepan until warm. Pour honeyed cream in a heat-safe mug until half full and place in the microwave. Heat for 1 minute, remove from microwave and froth with a milk frother. Fill the mug the rest of the way with your heated ginger tea and garnish with a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg (optional). Enjoy!
- Fancy Square Labels • I chose the “Vintage Kraft” style in Kraft Charcoal.
- Round Coasters • I chose the “Vintage Kraft” style in Kraft Charcoal.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >