While cold treats are generally thought of as a warm weather indulgence, sometimes it’s nice to put on a rebellious hat and enjoy a cold, creamy bowl of ice cream right next to a cozy fire on a chilly fall or winter day. That’s the angle we’re coming from in this week’s edition of Saturday Sips, where we replace your typical root beer with something a little more seasonal – in this case, a hard pumpkin cider – for a delicious, creamy and ice cold float.
Pumpkin cider floats are super delicious and seasonal. If you’re lucky enough to find a hard pumpkin cider in your grocery store in fall, definitely give this recipe a try. Otherwise, a good apple or pear cider will do in a pinch with equal seasonal flair.
- 1 bottle of pumpkin cider
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Ground cinnamon
- Place two scoops of ice cream in a glass. Tilt glass to the side and pour the cider down the inside of the glass slowly to reduce foaming. Scoop off any extra foam, and continue to add cider until the level has reached ½-inch from rim.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with caramel sauce and a light dusting of ground cinnamon.
- Serve with a spoon and a straw. Enjoy!
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Autumn Sangria, Two Ways Hot Apple Cider, Three Ways Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup Spiced Chai Concentrate
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: